"Essential Security Diagnostic Tool for Everyone Who Wishes to Protect His Computer and The Data It Contains"
Have you been port scanned lately? Completely ignoring network security is not smart and ignorance isn't exactly bliss. If you access the Internet via a cable modem, DSL, or even a dial-up connection, someone is always knocking on your virtual front door, giving your system the once-over.
Whether you dial-up your ISP or have an "always on" cable modem, the first item on your agenda needs to be finding a secure firewall to protect your computer. Some firewalls are better than others, but you should never trust clever advertising claiming that a cheap firewall will completely protect your data. Once you have decided on a firewall, be it a hardware or software solution, testing the security of that firewall is essential, and AATools is just a testing utility that verifies the integrity of your security and firewall functions.
Advanced Administrative Tools (AATools) investigates and gathers information about your computer, network status, and service availability. That is a layman’s way of saying it performs an inspection on everything vital to network security as it pertains to the protection of your computer, including the utilization of tools to check open ports, proxies, email lists, Internet applications, and general system information.
Useful for system administrators, service personnel or anyone who simply wants to know more about their PC and its connections to the network or Internet, audit your network security.
- Port Scanner with an internal database of ports (officially assigned, unofficially used, or currently affected by network Trojan programs) that analyzes hosts and different services that have been started on them. Its comprehensive scanning engine gathers information about the services, threads, etc. The AATools Port Scanner accurately determines active ports/services using TCP/UDP port interrogation.
- Proxy Analyzer that tests lists of proxies and/or verifies a list of addresses on present proxy servers. It provides the most detailed information about the proxy itself, including, its headers, locations etc.
- RBL Locator (RealTime BlackList Locator) designed to quickly search for an IP address in DNS-Based spam databases. RBL Locator checks an IP address against the most known blacklists. It helps you determine if you're listed as a "bad actor" within any of the shared blacklists.
- Trace Route that shows you the path that a packet sent from your machine to some other machine on the network takes as it hops from router to router. It will show you the IP address and the actual name of each router, line-by-line.
- Email Verifier – your unique solution for the "message delivery error". You don't need to disturb your clients and friends anymore to verify whether their e-mail addresses are still valid or not. Email Verifier connects directly to their SMTP server and checks it for you. Nothing is sent to the recipient.
- Links Analyzer – a new state-of-the-art utility that scans your URLs and IE Favorites and notifies you if a link has been changed or has become invalid. It also acts as a navigation tool and makes it very easy to find what you are looking for eliminating the need to search inside folders.
- Network Monitor that shows you an extremely large amount of supplementary information about your outbound and inbound network connections. Plus, the AATools Network Monitor maps open ports to the owning application (for Windows NT/2000/XP only). It is useful in diagnosing networks and monitoring your computer's network connections.
- Process Monitor that provides you the information about the processes and applications loaded into your PC's memory, including sniffers and hooks.
- Whois, a useful network information utility that allows you find all the available information about IP addresses, host names, location, NSP name, administrator and technical support contact information of any Internet address.
- System Info that collects and displays your system configuration information. Support technicians require specific information about your computer when they are troubleshooting your configuration. You can use the System Info tool to quickly find the data they need to resolve your system problem.
- Resource Viewer intended for viewing the resources of executable files (with the .exe and .dll extension). It displays comprehensive information about program resources including dialogs, icons, strings and more. Resource Viewer can also be used to save resources of any selected module on your hard disk.
- Registry Cleaner that cleans up unnecessary registry entries in your registry and helps increase your computer performance, speed up the operation system loading and reduce the number of failures.
* Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 (32-bit)
* Internet connection or TCP/IP enabled LAN.
* Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher.
No Mac or Linux version of AATools available.