How to Create Free Business Email Marketing List and Build Relationship with It
An essential element of successful email marketing campaign is a list of email addresses of people who are really interested in receiving the emails from the company or organization. Otherwise, unsolicited advertising will be classified as spam. Although sending out magazines and newsletters through bulk emailing is free, companies cannot risk the equity of their brands by offending people. An opt-in email list helps you assess the success of your email campaigns, and, more importantly, it reduces the risk of breaking anti-spamming laws.
How to build a targeted email list? There are a few "DON'T" here:
- don't generate email addresses using special tools you may find on the Internet
- don't harvest email addresses from web sites
- don't purchase email lists.
Email lists sold on the Internet are never validated and are full of dead and undeliverable email addresses. Plus, those lists are used by many marketers and the email addresses' owners are already fed up with emails from other email marketers, and I have a great doubt that they will open and read your message since they receive hundreds of emails every day. Email addresses harvested from websites belong to people who did not hear about you and will hardly want to receive your emails. As a return, you will receive a lot of complaints from people for sending them unsolicited emails, and ban of your email account.
But… there is a different way to build a targeted opt-in email list. I'm talking about a subscription form on your website. Before you start with bulk email marketing, get your website up and running. Or, probably you already have a site where you advertise your products and services. Set up a subscription form somewhere on your web page and get others to sign up for your mailing lists. You can use this free newsletter plugin for wordpress to place a signup form on your WordPress blog. The beauty in this is that the list of emails will be confirmed, and your database will only contain the people who are interested in your offers. It's not as quick and easy as generating or harvesting email addresses but it's a more reliable way. You won't send unsolicited emails as you have a proof that the recipient has subscribed himself to your mailing list.
When you have a list of subscribers who have specifically agreed to receive emails from you, you have an asset that can be leveraged over and over again. You can use that email list to drive traffic to different websites and sales pages again and again, and this is why you must cherish your list like an apple of your eye. The better you treat your list; the better the return will be when you want it.
To have a very profitable email list, you should simply build a relationship with your subscribers. You want them to like you, feel like they know you, feel comfortable buying from you, and most importantly you want them to look forward to and enjoy reading your emails. If you can build a strong relationship with your subscribers, then you have more chances of getting them to purchase your products and services.
Here are a few tips how you can build a relationship with your email list:
- Send emails regularly. Make sure you are reaching your subscribers at least once a month in emails or another medium. Track email campaigns and see how your subscribers treat your emails. If you had a poor open rate, it does not necessarily mean your audience isn't interested in your product. Experiment with different emails, get to know which email strategy works best, and keep using it to reach your subscribers.
- Send useful information and tips. Your emails should contain something that the customer wants. It shouldn't be just the information about your company or yourself. Focus on giving more than just what you sell. Specific content, messages, and other targeted information that interests your customers are good to include. It is a great way to make readers look forward to your emails as they will know that they are going to receive great information from you. Provide value in your emails and don't try to profit in some way from everyone of them.
- Send the videos and talk to your subscribers about things they want to know about. Videos are usually better than regular emails because they are more personal and show that a real person is giving the information.
- Make sure your subscribers can read your emails. Although the videos, graphics, flash animations, and logos look impressive on an email, they are often blocked by email filters. Upload video, graphics, and flash files to your site and use a flat text with hyperlinks to the site. Once your recipients get to your site, you can show them as many graphics as you want.
- Create a way for your subscribers to interact with you. It can be a forum, a comment system, an email submission area, a live chat room and many others.
Note that not every email you send has to have some way of profiting in it; just make sure the readers enjoy it, make sure they like you and they like your emails. Make your readers feel as though they can trust you and everything you say in your emails.
Try G-Lock EasyMail7 for Free Today!
Еasily Create, Send and Schedule Promotions Emails, Newsletters or Invitations Your Customers Will Love.
Don’t put your profits in the hands of a third party, be in control of your email — OWN YOUR DATA, OWN YOUR AUTORESPONDERS, CONTROL YOUR INBOX DELIVERY, REPUTATION, DELIVERY SPEED and either send email for free using your SMTP or use any number of third party email senders of your choice like AMAZON SES API… No Monthly Fees!
An effective email marketing system should include the following tools:
- Automated email sequences that drip on your contacts over time to build trust and convert your subscribers into active and happy customers.
- A email scheduler for planning your announcements, newsletters, and special occasion emails weeks or even months in advance.
- A simple way for you to create sign-up forms so you can connect your marketing efforts to auto-populate your contact lists (we provide WPNewsman plugin for WordPress for free).
- A professional collection of quality responsive HTML email templates that you can install and use for your newsletters on the fly.
- An automated way of processing bounce and unsubscribe emails to be in compliance with the CAN-SPAM law in various countries.
- Training and support from those who have years of experience in email marketing systems, management and success.
With G-Lock EasyMail7 you have the right email marketing system to help you maintain and grow your business.
Submit your review
I have used several versions of EasyMail and recently upgraded my version to 7.0 and we bought several copies for the company I work for as well. The cost is very reasonable and the tech support is prompt. Updates arrive frequently.
I love the fact that my mass emails can be highly personalized and still look like regular emails, vs. emails from Constant Contact etc. I can also go into the HTML code and tweak things if they are not right. We use Amazon Web Service SES which is very affordable. A great product for those who have reasonable computer skills to set everything up.
Thank you G-Lock!
President at singles2couples.org