How to Create Effective Email Marketing Newsletter
I've been working for a software developer company for 10 years. We regularly send newsletters to our customers and subscribers. For a company advertising their products on the Internet the most important thing is to get as many subscribers as possible and build a strong relationship with already existing clients. Since the communication with the customers is done via email, the newsletter you send plays the essential role.
The fact is that the newsletter must contain only the information that is useful for your customers. The customers are not interested in the history of your company or your company regalia, or your personal life. They want to read about the products you are to offer them and the benefit they can get from your products. The newsletter content is important. But the newsletter structure does matter too. For 10 years we've got some experience in creating a healthy and efficient email newsletter and delivering it to the customers and now I'd like to share some tips and tricks with you:
- Excite curiosity in the Subject line. The Subject is more important than you may think. It should contain a hint at what the reader will find in the message itself, provoke curiosity and make the reader want to open and read the message. The curiosity pushes the recipient to go further and open your message.
- Write as if you were talking to the person. Your newsletter should not look like an advertisement. It must be like a conversation as if you were telling a story to the reader. But don't write in an excessively familiar manner. Keep the golden mean.
- Stick to a simple layout. A lot of graphics, complex tables, and other advanced formatting are not good. Your email newsletter may end up in the recipients junk folder since it will look like a pure email advertisement.
- If you write a long copy, don't make it boring. A longer newsletter telling more about the product benefits is better. But make sure that your long story is not boring. Emphasize the most important paragraphs with bullets so they grab the recipient's attention. Remember that people don't read emails, they scan them.
- Place the links in the beginning, middle, and at the end of your email newsletter. Email marketers often forget to include the link in the middle of their email copy. But the middle link is also important. Your response rates will increase.
- Have a product picture? Send it. A nice graphic (even if you tell about an intangible product) will tend to increase the response rate. For example, if you sell downloadable software, you can design a box with a nice cover presenting your software.
- Offers and bonuses are very tempting. Give your readers something for free. It may be a free e-book, e-mail course, software download or whatever related to your email marketing niche. But be careful – avoid the word FREE in your email message. FREE is the most attractive word in email marketing, it's also one of those that spam filters will likely detect to block your message.
- Don't forget to provide your contact information. You can include your web site address, your email address, even the postal address of your company. A toll-free number is also good. Some recipients may prefer to call and speak with a live person.
Try G-Lock EasyMail7 for Free Today!
Еasily Create, Send and Schedule Promotions Emails, Newsletters or Invitations Your Customers Will Love.
Don’t put your profits in the hands of a third party, be in control of your email — OWN YOUR DATA, OWN YOUR AUTORESPONDERS, CONTROL YOUR INBOX DELIVERY, REPUTATION, DELIVERY SPEED and either send email for free using your SMTP or use any number of third party email senders of your choice like AMAZON SES API… No Monthly Fees!
An effective email marketing system should include the following tools:
- Automated email sequences that drip on your contacts over time to build trust and convert your subscribers into active and happy customers.
- A email scheduler for planning your announcements, newsletters, and special occasion emails weeks or even months in advance.
- A simple way for you to create sign-up forms so you can connect your marketing efforts to auto-populate your contact lists (we provide WPNewsman plugin for WordPress for free).
- A professional collection of quality responsive HTML email templates that you can install and use for your newsletters on the fly.
- An automated way of processing bounce and unsubscribe emails to be in compliance with the CAN-SPAM law in various countries.
- Training and support from those who have years of experience in email marketing systems, management and success.
With G-Lock EasyMail7 you have the right email marketing system to help you maintain and grow your business.
Submit your review
I have used several versions of EasyMail and recently upgraded my version to 7.0 and we bought several copies for the company I work for as well. The cost is very reasonable and the tech support is prompt. Updates arrive frequently.
I love the fact that my mass emails can be highly personalized and still look like regular emails, vs. emails from Constant Contact etc. I can also go into the HTML code and tweak things if they are not right. We use Amazon Web Service SES which is very affordable. A great product for those who have reasonable computer skills to set everything up.
Thank you G-Lock!
President at singles2couples.org