12 Best Email Practices
The art of getting people to open and respond to emails begins with a strategy of tried-and-true techniques to help sell your products and services.
Every email campaign has a few key main elements: a list, subject lines and inbox content. The first element you build through client contacts. The second, subject lines, needs to entice. Finally, content must convince.
It's a one-two-three punch that works together to boost sales and add new customers while strengthening relationships with existing clients.
Four Tips for Building an Email List
Before starting an email list, you first need an email marketing platform. G-Lock EasyMail7 integrates with your customer database while offering sender and list management software in a highly secure, reliable environment.
With G-Lock EasyMail7 you can segment your campaigns to focus on the right customers for the right offer.
With a list ready to go, your second step is to add an email signup form on your website's home page. Place the sign-up in your toolbar or somewhere at the top of the home page.
Alternatively, you can also have a floating box viewers can see at the bottom of the home page. The key is to make it easy for visitors to sign up for your emails.
Thirdly, ensure that viewers clicking on email sign up form see a very short paragraph telling them what to expect when they sign up for newsletters, sales' offers and other content.
Finally, mine other lists for every email you can find. If you're telemarketing or direct mailing prospects ask for email addresses.
Offer free gifts in return for email addresses and capture them at the point-of-sale if you have retail stores. The emails from all those business cards piling up should be added to your email distribution program, too.
Five Tips To Great Subject Lines
Consider that in 2012 the best performing fundraising subject line during Pres. Barack Obama's campaign was "hey." That's it. "I'm saving you a seat" and "dinner?" did well, too.
Subject lines are a big deal. Test them out. Use different subject lines for different audience segments — one offer that doesn't work with one audience may work with another.
Here's a few general tips:
- Promise something — new information your recipient can use and you can deliver.
- Don't finish the subject line. Let the email itself do that. A subject line that starts with "Little ways to" can lead to email text when opened that says: "improve your open rates."
- Imply something, along the lines of "What you need to know about mobile marketing."
- Add urgency and scarcity. Use phrases like "25 percent off sportswear for only the next 12 hours" or "Only 100 Spots Left."
- Use exclamation points and the proverbial word "free" to attract viewers.
Three Tips For Getting Your Email Opened
If you get far enough for people to open your email, you have potentially hit gold. Emails only get opened by 10 to 20 percent of recipients, if you're lucky. The subject line gets them to open, but the content motivates them.
- Make the first sentence matter. That's what viewers see in preview boxes on Outlook and other email programs. Give your customers information, or a sales offer, they can't refuse.
- Use links, as many as three, to move users to your website.
- Create good content. Understand what your clients want and write content and provide offers that matter to them.
Content, along with a great selection of subject lines and a strong list are the essential elements in creating a successful email marketing campaign.
Try G-Lock EasyMail7 for Free Today!
Еasily Create, Send and Schedule Promotions Emails, Newsletters or Invitations Your Customers Will Love.
Don’t put your profits in the hands of a third party, be in control of your email — OWN YOUR DATA, OWN YOUR AUTORESPONDERS, CONTROL YOUR INBOX DELIVERY, REPUTATION, DELIVERY SPEED and either send email for free using your SMTP or use any number of third party email senders of your choice like AMAZON SES API… No Monthly Fees!
An effective email marketing system should include the following tools:
- Automated email sequences that drip on your contacts over time to build trust and convert your subscribers into active and happy customers.
- A email scheduler for planning your announcements, newsletters, and special occasion emails weeks or even months in advance.
- A simple way for you to create sign-up forms so you can connect your marketing efforts to auto-populate your contact lists (we provide WPNewsman plugin for WordPress for free).
- A professional collection of quality responsive HTML email templates that you can install and use for your newsletters on the fly.
- An automated way of processing bounce and unsubscribe emails to be in compliance with the CAN-SPAM law in various countries.
- Training and support from those who have years of experience in email marketing systems, management and success.
With G-Lock EasyMail7 you have the right email marketing system to help you maintain and grow your business.
Submit your review
I have used several versions of EasyMail and recently upgraded my version to 7.0 and we bought several copies for the company I work for as well. The cost is very reasonable and the tech support is prompt. Updates arrive frequently.
I love the fact that my mass emails can be highly personalized and still look like regular emails, vs. emails from Constant Contact etc. I can also go into the HTML code and tweak things if they are not right. We use Amazon Web Service SES which is very affordable. A great product for those who have reasonable computer skills to set everything up.
Thank you G-Lock!
President at singles2couples.org
Trackback from your site.