Get Started with G-Lock EasyMail v6
This tutorial is for G-Lock EasyMail v6.xx.
You can see the startup guide for G-Lock EasyMail7 here
Click on the Accounts menu on G-Lock EasyMail toolbar.
Click on Add New Account.
Enter an account name and your user information.
Click on the Delivery Options tab.
Select a delivery option from the menu. G-Lock EasyMail supports the following delivery modes:
– Send via SMTP server
– Direct Send
– IIS SMTP Service Pickup
– Save email message to the folder
Fill in the fields required for the selected delivery mode and click Test to test your account. If the test passes, click OK to save the account settings.
Creating Group in the Address Book
To create a group in G-Lock EasyMail address book:
- Click on the Home menu in the Address Book
- Click on New Group
- Enter a group name
- Type a group description (not required)
- Click Create
You'll see the group you've just created in My Groups section at the left pane of the Address Book.
Adding Contacts to the Group
You can either manually add the contacts to the group in G-Lock EasyMail address book, or load/import a list of contacts at one go.
To add a contact to the group:
- Select the group in My Groups section to which you want to add the contact
- Click on the Home menu
- Click on Add New Contact
- Type the contact information. Email field is required. Other fields are optional.
- Click OK.
To quickly load a list of email addresses into a group in G-Lock EasyMail Address Book, you can use Load List option under the Home menu. The Load List option allows you load an email list from a .txt or.csv file. The file can contain only the contacts' email addresses:
or the contacts' names with the email addresses in the following formats:
You can also use the Import Wizard under the Home menu to import the contact information into a group. Using the Import Wizard you can import the contact information from Paradox, DBase, Text, HTML, MS Excel, MS Word, Lotus 1-2-3, QuattroPro, XML, MS Access Database, ADO connection, DBISAM table, and Clarion table files.
Creating Email Message
You can either create your email message directly in G-Lock EasyMail, or load a ready email message from a file.
To create an email message directly in G-Lock EasyMail:
- Click on the New Message under the Home menu on the toolbar
- Click a black down arrow in the From field and select your account
- Click a black down arrow in the Group field and select your group
- Type the message subject
- Type the message content
To load a message from a file:
- Click on the Home menu
- Click on New Message
- Click G-Lock EasyMail icon at the left top corner and select Load HTML File from the menu.
To load a message from a web page, select Load Web Page from the menu.
To import a message from .eml file, select Import E-mail File from the menu.
Sending Email Message
When your email message is ready, you can send it out to your recipients.
To send an email:
- Click Send on the Edit Message window. Send Message screen will open.
- Check the "Send message manually" box and click OK. The Delivery Monitor will open.
- Check the box next to your message and click Start button.
You'll see that the program is sending the message. When the process is complete, your message is moved to the Finished Task(s) pane in the Delivery Monitor.