We have adopted the definition of Spam set forth on the Spamhaus website at http://www.spamhaus.org/definition.html: "The word "Spam" as applied to Email means Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE")".
Permission Lists Only
1. It is a concern to us if you use G-Lock Software products to send or track any unsolicited email sent to anyone with whom you have no relationship. It is much more of a concern, and more likely to cause our system to be blocked by our hosting company, for you to send an unsolicited email to an entire list of people you don't know.
2. You can use G-Lock Software products only to verify, send and track email addresses of the individuals and entities that either:
- gave you written (including electronic) permission to use their email addresses to send them emails, without subsequently withdrawing such permission;
- gave you their name and email address in connection with their purchase, or negotiations to purchase, a product or service from you, have not opted out from receiving your emails.
3. You should only use G-Lock Software products to send and track newsletters, updates, and promotions sent to people who specifically requested email from you, or otherwise meet the requirements of 2 above. You agree that you will NOT use:
- purchased lists (no matter how expensive);
- rented lists (even if they "opted in");
- 3rd party lists whatsoever.
4. If you send emails to a list, and you get an unusual amount of SPAM complaints (more than 1 out of 1,000), ISPs will begin blocking future emails from your company. They will also request (that's putting it mildly) that we shut down your account. So if you don't have proof that each recipient on your list has opted-in to receive your emails, or otherwise meets the above requirements, don't use G-Lock Software products.